Blogs > News-Herald Food and Travel

Food and travel captivate Janet Podolak, who chronicles both for The News-Herald. Get the back story of her three decades of stories here. Guest bloggers and fellow News-Herald staffers also periodically share details of their trips.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's flower time, finally!


Gardens in June are bursting into glorious bloom, although the early spring gave many of us fits. The oak trees on my acre yard in Mentor dropped thousands (millions?) of acorns last fall, foiling our barefoot forays onto the patio. So now I've got a forest of oaks threatening to grow and must get to pulling up those seedlings before I have to use a chain saw.
I'd be pretty intimidated opening my garden to strangers, but the Madison Garden Club has recruited those who have some of the area's nicest gardens for its June 26 show. I talked to them for a story that's running on Monday and filled it with some of their tips for other gardeners.The story also will run with a video of my own garden which is pitiful by comparison but a place we love in the summer.
The photo here is not me in my garden (I wish!) but was taken in Crested Butte Colorado a few years back when we attended the mid-July wildflower festival Wildflowers in the surrounding mountains grow in such abundance that folks come from all over the world to study them. The expected columbines are found there but many are flowers I couldn't identify, including fields where they actually grow chin high.

1 Comments:

Anonymous flowers delivery mumbai said...

Well mite your garden seems nice specially wild flowers are looking gorgeous.

June 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home