Blogs > News-Herald Food and Travel

Food and travel captivate Janet Podolak, who chronicles both for The News-Herald. Get the back story of her three decades of stories here. Guest bloggers and fellow News-Herald staffers also periodically share details of their trips.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day One: Trip to Orlando

Theresa Neuhoff Audia, a sportswriter at The News-Herald, will be blogging while on her trip to Orlando, Florida from Jan. 21-28.

Day One...

When we left our house in Euclid, Ohio today, it was cold and snowy. Despite the weather conditions, I walked out with sandals because in a few hours, I knew I would be in the warm sunny weather in Orlando, Florida.
My husband Dan, who is always thinking, upgraded us to first class on Continental. Earlier in the week, the cost to upgrade was over $500 a person. He paid under $70 for each of us to fly first class which was worth it because it would have cost us around $25 each to check a bag (baggage fees were included in the first class upgrade).
It was my first time in first class, and I was pretty impressed. They bring you whatever you would like to drink during the entire flight and a plate of food, which on this day was cold cuts, cheese, crackers, fruit and cookies. How lovely.
When we arrived in Orlando, we picked up our rental car and decided to upgrade there too. We splurged and rented a red Mustang convertible. The first thing we did was put the top down and drive straight to the hotel.
We arrived at the Sheraton Vistanta resort around 7 p.m. After checking in to our quaint room, we drove straight to Publix to go grocery shopping.
We picked up essentials and more because our room has a small kitchen which I'm hoping will save us a little money.
After a first class day all the way, I'm ready for some rest.
Tomorrow, we plan on getting up early, working out and checking out our resort. I'm hoping the pools are beautiful.
Later tomorrow night, we will be meeting up with my youngest sister Mary, who lives in Orlando. I'm not sure what we will be doing, but I'm sure it will be an adventure.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

















Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home