Blogs > News-Herald Food and Travel

Food and travel captivate Janet Podolak, who chronicles both for The News-Herald. Get the back story of her three decades of stories here. Guest bloggers and fellow News-Herald staffers also periodically share details of their trips.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

World's happiest cities


Only one of the world's top 10 happiest cities is here in America, according to information I've just received. It's based on a world-wide perception survey plus factors such as number of attractions, shopping centers and cultural locations.

I was baffled that weather doesn't seem to have been a factor at all.

But I'm not at all surprised to learn that San Francisco is the city chosen by those surveys. I'll never forget how happy I was one March day when a wayward breeze in Golden Gate Park showered me with petals of cherry blossoms. And what a great feeling it was later that same day to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge and actually feel it sway beneath my feet when I reached the middle.
I've visited some of the other happy cities and I agree that Paris, Melbourne, Madrid, Barcelona and Rome all deserve a place on this list .I can think of wonderful experiences I've had in all of them.

 I haven't yet been to  Buenos Aires but its spot at Number One certainly makes me want to go.

 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home